December 30, 2016

In Mexico, we have a very peculiar tradition and that happens to be my one favorite rituals this season: when the clock strikes midnight, we receive the New Year by eating ‘the twelve grapes’ that are said to bring us luck and grant us wishes. So, that got me thinking… What would be my twelve style wishes for this new year?

















Closet cleansing is my definite favorite New Year’s’ rituals—I play some fun music, lay all of the clothes on the bed and start taking some serious, sometimes hard, decisions. Today it was not different except that I have my mind set in one goal: to finally start dressing myself the way I want! Not that I don't do that now, but I always try not to push the envelope too much. My upbringing is somewhat traditional and I also live in a city that most of the time still feels like a small town, so that sort of always kept me from going for it. But not anymore! A girl cannot live on Polyvore fantasies alone! 


So now that I’ve cleansed my closet and cleared some space, I’m only waiting for the post-holiday sales to get my hands on the items that will be basis for a new exciting wardrobe:


 If like me, you are ready to embrace change and wish to breathe new life into your wardrobe, I highly recommend you check out this very helpful closet detox cheat sheet from de-smitten.com. 

















Siguiendo la tradición, cada Nochevieja recibimos al Año Nuevo comiendo doce uvas porque éstas nos traerán suerte y en cada bocado, podemos pedir un deseo que muy seguramente se volverá realidad. Así que eso me puso a pensar… ¿Cuáles serían mis doce deseos de estilo para este nuevo año?

Pero reorganizar mi armario y sacar todo lo malo, viejo y usado para darle cabida a lo que el Año Nuevo traiga es mi ritual favorito: pongo algo de música divertida, coloco toda la ropa sobre la cama y empiezo a determinar qué se queda y qué no. Esta vez no fue diferente, excepto que tenía una meta fija en la mente: finalmente me atreveré a desarrollar mi estilo del modo que siempre he querido. Eso no quiere decir que no me siento cómoda con el modo en que me visto, pero siempre me he sentido retenida por otros motivos (ya sea mi crianza algo tradicional, o el hecho de que viva en una ciudad que la mayor parte del tiempo se sigue sintiendo como un pequeño pueblo). ¡Así que ya no más! Una chica no puede vivir soñando y fantaseando a través de Polyvore.

Así que ahora que he reorganizado mi clóset y liberado espacio, no queda más que esperar a que las rebajas post-fiestas empiecen para empezar a conseguir las piezas que serán la base de un nuevo y emocionante guardarropa. Si como yo, es algo que te gustaría hacer, accede al enlace y sigue este útil esquema que te ayudará a limpiar tu armario. 

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2017!


4 comments:

  1. Love everything, especially the MAC lipstick and the mini purse ♥
    Wish you a wonderful 2017!

    http://www.mursway.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, you too have a great 2017! And I've already ordered the purse ♥

      Delete
  2. lOVELY :)

    http://trapeziovermelho.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete